Can it even get better than this 3 Ingredient Cinnamon Roll Apple Pie?
Cinnamon and sugar with apples is always so good. Sometimes I feel like I could put cinnamon and sugar on everything. Then there is the ol’ apple pie, which I will always save room for a slice of apple pie. Instead of tossing on cinnamon and sugar on top, why not mini cinnamon rolls? This 3 Ingredient Cinnamon Roll Apple Pie not only looks fabulous but it tastes so good!
Cinnamon Rolls but make them mini.
These cinnamon rolls are not your average cinnamon rolls. Firstly, they are made with pie crusts. This will leave you with a not so fluffy cinnamon roll, more compact. Secondly, they are for a topping. Yep. You heard me right. These mini cinnamon rolls are going to be placed on top of an apple pie. Instead of a lattice or different design done on top of the apple pie with a pie crust, mini cinnamon rolls will complete the apple pie.
Make it homemade or semi-homemade.
You will note that I used a canned apple pie filling for this 3 Ingredient Cinnamon Roll Apple Pie recipe. I know that this apple pie filling is always good, and it is easy to use! If you want to go more homemade, you can opt for homemade filling with a mixture of Granny Smith and Red Delicious apples.
Don’t be afraid to go out on a limb. That is where all the fruit is.Mark Twain
- 2 packages - Pillsbury Double Roll package of dough
- 2 cans- 21oz of apple pie filing (used LuckyLeaf brand)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 stick of unsalted butter, softened at room temp
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Spray a pie dish with non-stick spray. Place one of the pie dough crusts inside the pie dish and press firmly against side and bottom of pie dish. Using a fork, pierce the crust gently all over the bottom.
- Bake the pie crust for about 5 minutes, just enough to keep it from getting too soggy when we add the apple filling
- While the pie crust is baking, make the mini cinnamon rolls. Mix up the butter, sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Roll out one pie dough crust and spread half the cinnamon-sugar butter onto the crust, leaving about and inch around the crust without any.
- Roll up the crust, and cut thin cinnamon rolls
- Repeat this with the second pie crust
- Remove the pie pan from the oven and add the apple filling. Then top with the mini cinnamon rolls. You won't use all of them.
- Bake for 15, then reduce the heat to 350. Continue to bake for another 40 minutes until the filling is bubbling and crust is a golden brown.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
Apples and Cinnamon. Enough said.
If you love apple pie, then you will love this version. It is not only simple, but it is so good. The fact it looks beautiful is an added bonus! Looking forward to making this 3 Ingredient Cinnamon Roll Apple Pie again. It doesn’t last long, promise you that.