Let’s hop to it!
Anyone else excited for Easter? We are getting all things ready over here, and this Bunny Charcuterie Board is an added bonus!
All you need is fruit, meat, and cheese.
It really is easy to put together a charcuterie board. Sometimes seeing photos of them can feel intimidating, but they aren’t as difficult as you may think. The main thing you need when looking into a basic ‘savory’ type of charcuterie board is the basics: fruits, meats, and cheeses. Seriously though. If you can meet these 3 things and throw in some crackers, you are good to go!
A bunny Charcuterie Board
A lot of you may be wondering why this post is titled Bunny Charcuterie Board. You get the whole ‘charcuterie board’ part of it, but the bunny? First off, Easter is days away and I am using a bunny shaped board for this charcuterie board. Hence the name! This is such an easy appetizer to put together, and it will make you feel fancy after it is all done.
I ordered this Bunny Board from a good friend’s shop, Simplicity. Of course, she has so much more to offer in her shop. It is the perfect size for creating a charcuterie board to feed 4-6. Now, my girls almost ate the entire board by themselves 😉 Yep. It is that good.
- 1/2 cup of blueberries
- 1/2 cup of rapsberries
- 1/2 cup of blackberries
- 1/2 cup of sliced strawberries
- 1 bunch of seedless black grapes
- 1 block of sharp cheddar aged cheese
- 1 block of smoked gouda
- 1 block of jalapeno and cheddar cheese
- 5-6 slices of hot calabrese
- 3-4 slices of pepper salami
- 5-6 cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup of almonds
- 1 cup (13-14 Good Thins Gluten Free Parmesan & Garlic Crackers)
- 1/4 cup of Hot Pepper Bacon Jam
- 2 twigs of rosemary
- 1 twig (2 leaves) Basil
- Start with washing and drying the fruit and tomatoes
- Hull and thinly slice the strawberries
- Slice the cheeses
- Time to setup the board
- Create the flower with the hot calabrese; with a small cup or dipping bowl, create the outer part of the flower by layering 1 after another, the hot calabrese around the brim of the cup. It will take about 4 slices. Then fold the last 1-2 slices, and it will go in the middle to create the center of the flower.
- Place the hot calabrese flower in the corner of the board; now add the smoked gouda around the flower to help it keep its shape
- Create the other food artwork with the pepper salami in the opposite corner; just wave the pepper salami slices into a fan like shape.
- Add the sharp cheddar cheese slices around the hot calabrese flower to help it keep its shape
- Around the outside of the sharp cheddar, add the amonds then the cherry tomatoes in a rainbow shape
- Go back to the smoked gouda slices and add the blueberries, then rasperries and blackberries on the outside of the smoked gouda
- The black grapes and strawberry slices will be placed on the outside of the top of the hot calabrese flower
- Next, add in the jalapeno and cayenee cheddar cheese slices in the middle areas
- Add in the Good Thins crackers around the outside of the board as well as any areas that need to be filled
- Place the rosemary twigs on either side of the hot calabrese flower
- Add the hot pepper and bacon jam to a small dip dish and place it near the front of the hot calabrese flower
- Lastily, place the vasil twig in between the cherry tomatoes and the pepper salami
An egg-cellent way to celebrate.
I think a charcuterie board is a must have for any occasion. Shoot, I am here for one when its just me at home. They are so simple and so good! You can get as creative and artsy as you like. I hope you all have a wonderful Easter!