A berry delicious recipe for an early morning breakfast or brunch!
Here we go again. I am looking for all the recipes that will make my life ‘easier’ now that we are out of school and on a summer schedule. Finding a new routine over the summer is important for me and my family. I know that the summer months are meant to be enjoyed and more go-with-the-flow, but momma needs somewhat of a schedule to balance life while working from home with the kids.
Plus, my kids do better on a schedule. It doesn’t have to be rigid, but there has to be some sort of routine to the day. This is more than true for my son. He thrives on routine and knowing what is expected of him. Without it, he honestly will struggle to handle the daily randomness. This is why this Berry Breakfast Bake is so good! You can plan it ahead, and it is more than easy to prepare.
Breakfast and brunch in a hunch!
All I have to say is bring on all the easy and delicious recipes! I love this Berry Breakfast Brunch recipe because it only consists of berries, croissants, and a cream cheese/milk/sugar/egg mixture. Top it off with a homemade glaze, and this one is good to go. This breakfast bake does better when it sits overnight in the refrigerator. My kids love all the berries. Of course that is what I included in this bake. Raspberries, blueberries, and blackberries all made the cut. You can switch out the berries if you need. If someone in your family doesn’t like the tartness of raspberries, then you can just add more of the other berry.
Using the most buttery and fluffy croissants will make the most of this recipe. They will absorb the cream cheese/milk/sugar/egg mixture, giving way to a delicious bread pudding consistency.
Love bread pudding? You will love this breakfast recipe.
This sweet berry breakfast bake is more than delicious! I also added lemon extract to the cream cheese/milk/sugar/egg mixture to give way to an extra freshness with the sweetness of the berries. If you are looking for an easy breakfast recipe, then you need to give this one a try! Prep it the night before so that you can easily pop it into the oven first thing in the morning.
- 4 large croissants
- 1/4 cup blackberries, washed
- 1/4 cup raspberries, washed
- 1/4 cup blueberries, washed
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tbsp almond extract
- 1/2 tbsp lemon extract
- For glaze: 1/2 cup powdered sugar, 3 tbsp heavy cream, 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- Tear 4 large croissants into bite sizes and scatter into the bottom of a 8x8 baking dish.
- Scatter the berries on top of the croissants pieces and mix.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese until creamy
- Add eggs, milk, almond extract, and lemon extract; mix well
- Pour mixture on top of bread mixture; then cover and refrigerate over night.
- Next day, remove from refrigerator; bake at 350 for 45 minutes or until mixture is bubbling
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving.
- Prepare the glaze while breakfast bake cools some
- In a 2 cup measuring cup, add the heavy cream, vanilla extract, and powdered sugar; whisk to mix.
- Pour the glaze on top of the berry breakfast bake.
- Enjoy warm!
The berry good recipe that you have been waiting for.
Don’t wait on trying out this breakfast bake recipe. I promise you, it will be a hit! Don’t worry about leftovers either. There will not be any.