The time of year of making all those ‘healthy’ goals is here. I am just about on board 😉 I have to get myself motivated and that usually takes about a week or so haha! Getting started is the hard part for me. Finding those perfect meal options and reasonable workout routines make my healthy lifestyle decision making a thousand times easier.
Lets be honest here…most ‘healthy’ foods are not the most delicious foods. Although with me being a southern girl, I love all my veggies! I can eat all the greens in the world if I was allowed. My sweet tooth is what I struggle with the most. The struggle gets real once Halloween hits this house. Then it is a roller coaster ride until after the New Year when I feel like a sugary time bomb who needs to step away from all things in the dessert section before I combust.
These healthy Coconut Macaroon Cookies are the perfect mixture of both healthy as well as give me that sense of eating something sweet. One thing to note is that these are not super sweet. No added sugar in these suckers what so ever. They are healthy after all 😉 If you are not wanting to go ALL IN in regard to ‘healthy’, you can substitute the unsweetened coconut flakes for sweetened. This will add enough sugar to give them a sweet taste that is more like a cookie.
For me, they hit the spot. Not only do they look like a delicious coconut macaroon, but they give me the sense of eating a ‘real’ coconut macaroon without risking going back down the Sugar Rush Roller Coaster. Plus, these can be made gluten free. Give these healthy coconut macaroon cookies a try if you are like me and need something to help you stick to those healthy lifestyle goals!
Healthy Coconut Macaroon Cookies
- 2 egg whites
Baking and Spices
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 scoops Vanilla Protein Powder Whey, Vegan, your choice; I used Whey in this recipe
- Preheat Oven to 350
- Mash the 2 bananas with a fork
- Add all the other ingredients to the mashed bananas and mix well until combined
- Scoop about 2 tablespoons onto a parchment paper lined cookie sheet. You should get about 10 macaroons from the mixture.
- Bake the macaroons for 13 minutes; cool for 5 minutes...enjoy!