Is it even November without a little cinnamon and pumpkin?
Let me answer that question for you, no. You don’t have to be a huge pumpkin eating fan to love this simple cinnamon pumpkin & cream cheese cake. It is one that will have you eating it at all hours of the day, including breakfast. I may or may not have eaten this entire cake for breakfast last week. I mean, it does give off those coffee cake vibes. So, why not?
My 11 year old was even requesting this cake for breakfast. That should tell y’all something because she is our one child that will tell you that it does not test great or if she thinks its too bland. Yep. There you have it. This simple cinnamon pumpkin and cream cheese cake is worth trying.
A Simple Cinnamon Pumpkin & Cream Cheese Cake that really is simple.
I know sometimes you will come across a recipe that just screams “SIMPLE!”. Then you go and try it, and it is everything but simple. A billion ingredients and kitchen tools that you don’t have in stock. Let me tell you. This simple cinnamon pumpkin & cream cheese cake truly is simple. You don’t have to think too hard either. I honestly forgot that I was going to need sour cream for the cream cheese filling and lucked out to have some already in the fridge.
The one thing you may not have is this exact loaf pan. I literally when out of my way to grab this bad boy. Then wracked my brain for a recipe to use just for this beautiful pan. Y’all, it really is the nicest baking pan I own. Just check out the details on this simple cinnamon pumpkin & cream cheese cake!
The harvest Bounty loaf pan.
If you want to get all fancy like me, you can grab one of the Nordic Ware Harvest Bounty Loaf Pans from either Amazon or Target. Both are about the same price point. My Target did not have this in stock, but it could be shipped. Amazon is 2 day Prime shipping. Totally up to you which route you go. I went ahead and went with Target since I was ordering other things.
Another little thing to note. This loaf pan is absolutely worth it! I am normally on the ‘If it costs more than $15, I don’t need it.’ type of person. Well, I needed this loaf pan and it’s price point is about double my cutoff point. That should tell y’all something.
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1 1/2 cups sugar (another 1/4 cup for filling)
- 1 can of pumpkin
- 2 eggs (plus 1 egg for filling)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Spray Harvest Bounty Loaf pan with nonstick spray.
- Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, pumpkin spice, and sugar for cake. Mix well.
- Add the eggs, milk and mix.
- Add pumpkin and mix some more. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix filling ingredients: sour cream, sugar, cream cheese, and egg.
- Pour half the pumpkin batter into the loaf pan.
- With a spoon, make an indentation into the batter and pour the filling on top.
- Pour the rest of the pumpkin batter on top and smooth out. Tap pan on counter to get rid of any trapped air bubbles.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Let cool for 10 minutes, then invert onto a plate.
Making the most of this last month of fall.
Time always seems to fly by quickly as we get into the holiday months. I am trying to take full advantage of this last fall month before we get into all things Christmas. This Simple Cinnamon Pumpkin & Cream Cheese Cake is the perfect cake recipe to end this month of thankfulness.