Nothing that a few 3 Ingredient Little Debbie Christmas Tree Cake Truffles can’t fix.
Are you team Little Debbie Christmas Tree Cakes? If you are, then these 3 Ingredient Little Debbie Christmas Tree Cake Truffles are for you! The fact that this recipe is super simple and only contains 3 ingredients (actually could be only 2 ingredients), makes this a must have for all. Let’s talk more about these truffles.
Cake Truffles or Cake balls?
We all know what a good cake ball will taste like. It will have a delicious cake interior with a hard shell of white chocolate on the outside. I am always down for some cake balls! Then you have cake truffles. These take that cake ball interior and make them much more smoother, like a truffle. There isn’t much cake-ness about them. They literally are like biting into a truffle. That’s exactly what these 3 Ingredient Little Debbie Christmas Tree Cake Truffles are all about.
In the case of this recipe, I decided to go with cake truffles instead of cake balls. You can easily make this recipe with cake balls in mind by omitting the extra frosting. Yep. That is all you have to do!
Little debbie christmas Tree cakes
You will find that most are either team Little Debbie Christmas Tree Cakes or they are not a huge fan. I am honestly all about them. I think they bring that Christmas vibe and they taste so good with those added sugar sprinkles! Knowing how much I like them and that they are all the rave right now, I had to toss them into this recipe. These Christmas tree cakes have filling in the middle of them, which makes them great for making a quick and easy cake ball. There is no real need of extra icing as with other cake balls.
For this recipe though, I wanted to make these more into truffles. I needed that little bit of extra icing to get them more creamy. You don’t have to add any extra flavoring, sugar, nothing! All the flavor you need is already there.
- 6 Large Little Debbie Christmas Cakes (or 1 box of regular sized)
- 1/4 cup Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
- 6-8 white almond bark squares or 1 bag of white candy melt chips
- Red icing and sprinkles for decorating
- Prep a cookie sheet with parchemnt paper and set aside
- In a large mixing bowl, add the Christmas tree cakes.
- Mix on medium speed until broken up, then add frosting
- Mix for another minute on medium speed until a creamy cake mixture is made
- Drop about 2 tablespoon balls onto the prepared parchment paper and place in the freezer for 30 minutes to set and harden them. Note: these will be sticky!
- Right before removing the cake truffles from freezer, melt the white candy melts in the microwave according to the package.
- Dip each cake truffle into the melted white chocolate. Place on the parchment paper
- Quickly decorate the cake truffles before they white coating sets.
- It normally takes about 30 minutes for the white coating to completely set, but I usually wait for about an hour- or speed the process up in the refrigerator 😉
- Store the cake truffles in an air tight container for up to 1 week or in the freezer for 2 months.
Here for all the Christmas Baking, even when it doesn’t include actual baking.
I absolutely love all the baking that the holidays entails. Baking cookies and all the Christmas desserts is not only fun, but oh so good! I truly believe that baking during the holidays is such a great way to make those memories with those you love. So get into the kitchen and make these 3 Ingredient Little Debbie Christmas Tree Cake Truffles! This is a great recipe to make with your kids.