Coming up with quick and easy dinner ideas during the week can be difficult. My older two kids are so picky. I find myself making more than one dinner some nights to make sure there is food for everyone. With time already not being on my side during the week, easy recipes are a must! After trying this hamburger sliders recipe, I will not be making any another hamburgers sliders during our hectic week. See why these are the best hamburger sliders ever!
The Best Hamburger sliders recipe for the win.
These sliders remind me of Krystal burgers or even White Castle, both of which I love. The prep work is super easy and you can have these out on the table in 40-45 minutes total. Cut the time almost in half by prepping it all earlier. I cooked the hamburger meat late in the afternoon and waited to assemble closer to dinner.
I prepped and cooked my hamburger ‘patty’ in the same dish. Another win because this will cut down on cleanup! I diced up my onion while my hamburger ‘patty’ cooked. All I had left to do before dinner was assemble the sliders and heat them up. A smoother dinner setup from when I am running around scattered brained, trying to prepare and cook dinner at the same time with kids yelling.
Make it your own.
My daughter wanted pickles added to her sliders. You can add whatever condiments you want, jalapenos, shredded lettuce, tomato…the choice is yours! As for sides, I quickly fried up some fries while the hamburger sliders heated up. A healthier option would be a side salad with the extra shredded lettuce and tomatoes if you chose those as condiments.
One other option would be to switch out the ground meat with either ground chicken or ground turkey. If you decided to go this route, know that these to protein options may be more dry than using ground beef since they don’t contain as much fat. Still a delicious option, and I am contemplating giving one of these a try! Best hamburger sliders with easy substitutions.
Like sesame seeds on them buns? You can brush melted butter on top of the rolls before heating up and sprinkle a few (or lots) on top. The options are endless with these easy and tasty hamburger sliders. My 15 month old was not the only one yelling for more 😉
- 1 1/2 pounds hamburger meat 93% will give for less grease; 80% does give for more juicy burgers, will need to drain before assembling
- 1 pinch Salt
- to taste seasoned pepper
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 pack Hawaiaan Rolls
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 12 slices Cheese Used Cheddar Jack for this recipe
- 1 egg
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- Mix the hamburger meat, egg, and seasonings until mixed well. I like to do this before adding bread crumbs to make sure the hamburger meat smells seasoned enough.
- Add bread crumbs to hamburger meat and mix well; press down into a 11x7 baking dish; I used a glass pyrex with lid to make storage after dinner easier.
- When ready to cook the hamburger meat, preheat oven to 400 and bake for 20 minutes; dice onions while hamburger meat is cooking and set aside for later
- Allow hamburger meat to cool for about 5 minutes; then drain and blot any grease; I cleaned the baking dish during this time
- When you are ready to assemble, take the Hawaiian Rolls and cut directly in half to give a top and bottom bun; then place the bottom bun into the cleaned baking dish
- Next, carefully lay the hamburger patty on top followed by the cheese slices
- If you are wanting the diced onion, sprinkle it on top of the cheese before putting the top bun on
- Lastly, place the top bun on top and cover with aluminum foil; bake for an additional 15 minutes or until cheese has melted and the burgers are heated through
- Immediately remove from oven and cut the 12 sliders; serve with desired toppings and side!
Make sure to drain all grease from hamburger meat; if you skip this
step, you will have a pretty greasy and soggy hamburger *For slightly
thinner hamburger patties, you can use a 9 x 13 dish
Looking for another easy and quick slider recipe? Check out these Easy Ham and Turkey Cheese Hawaiian Roll Sliders!