Blue cheese and bacon is the perfect combo.
I know that blue cheese may not be everyone’s favorite cheese, but it is one that brings the flavor. This is especially true when it is added alongside bacon. These blue cheese bacon burgers are the perfect burger to enjoy with a side of homemade french fries.
Blue cheese bacon burgers with all the flavor.
Blue cheese is a strong cheese whose flavor is best when paired alongside complimenting ingredients. In the case of these burgers, it is the bacon and buffalo mayonnaise. The blue cheese brings that well-known tangy flavor, the bacon adds a touch of saltiness, and then the buffalo mayonnaise brings in the perfect balance.
These burgers are full of enough flavor that they can be eaten alone, in a salad, in a wrap or on a crustini bun. How would you eat your blue cheese bacon burger?
- 3.5-4 lbs ground beef, (80/20) or (90/10)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup of cooked bacon pieces
- 1/2 cup-1 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Garnish: 1 purple onion, buffalo mayonnaise (1/4 cup of mayonnaise, 3 tablespoons of buffalo sauce)
- Crustini buns
- Place the hamburger meat into a large mixing bowl; add the egg and mix well
- Add salt and pepper, and mix up
- Add the bacon pieces, mix in. Then add the crumbled blue cheese.
- Gently mix up; form the burgers into large balls
- Place the burger balls onto a heated grill or griddle; cook on one side for 2-3 minutes, then flip
- Press down the balls; cook for 7 minutes; then flip over again and cook for another 4 minutes
- Remove the hamburgers from the grill
- Mix up the buffalo mayonnaise and slice up the purple onion
- Toast the crustini buns if you want; then add the buffalo mayonnaise and purple onion. You can add one blue cheese bacon burger patty or two. Up to you!
What are you going to add?
Now that you have this blue cheese bacon burgers recipe, what would you do different? Would you add more hot sauce to give it a kick? Maybe some pickles? I know that I could up the hotness off these by adding more buffalo sauce to the mayonnaise. Let me know if you decide to do anything different!