Celebrating the 4th of July with a spin on fruit: Mini Sugar Cookie Fruit Pizzas.
Fruit always finds its way onto the menu when we celebrate the 4th of July. This is either on a fruit tray or in some type of dessert. Well, here is a fun way to enjoy that fruit and have your kids excited about celebrating the 4th of July with it! These mini sugar cookie fruit pizzas are not only easy to do, but are more than delicious.
We will always celebrate the 4th of July, no matter if it is just with our little family. The 4th of July represents so much for our country, and I couldn’t be more thankful for living in a place where freedom rings. As I mentioned above, fruit always makes its way on our 4th of July menu. These mini sugar cookie fruit pizzas are such a great way to incorporate fruit into the celebration. The cream cheese frosting is so good when paired with the fruit.
You can also be creative with these! We always go with blueberries, strawberries and kiwi. This doesn’t have to be the case for you. Mix it up if you want. I am also going to mention how you can create this fruit pizza on a larger scale. If you don’t want to go with the mini fruit pizzas, you can purchase a roll of sugar cookie dough instead. Roll it out like you would a pizza crust and bake the same way!
- 1- 24 count sugar cookie dough pack
- 1- 8oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup of powdered sugar
- 1 tbs honey
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup kiwi, sliced
- Preheat and bake cookies according to package.
- As cookies are baking, prepare the cream cheese frosting.
- Add the cream cheese, powdered sugar and honey to a mixing bowl and mix on med-high for 1 to 2 minutes, or until it is all mixed and fluffy.
- Prep all the fruit for the mini fruit pizzas.
- After the cookies have fully cooled, add the cream cheese frosting to each cookie.
- Top with the fruit.
- Store any left over cookies in the refrigerator. These are better eaten the same day!
A celebration of Nationhood.
I hope you all enjoy your 4th of July this year, no matter how it is spent! These mini sugar cookie fruit pizzas will be the perfect addition to any menu and will allow for some fun kitchen time with the kids.
More fruit recipes: https://thesoutherlymagnolia.com/easy-fluffy-cream-cheese-fruit-dip/ https://thesoutherlymagnolia.com/creating-a-summer-bucket-list-fruit-pizza-recipe-included/ https://thesoutherlymagnolia.com/memorial-day-weekend-lunch-celebration/