Velvet is always a favorite.
I never would have thought that the velvet trend would continue on. From plush velvet covered couches to a velvet dress. Velvet is more than a trend. You know what other velvet I love? Red velvet. Love the chocolate flavor of a red velvet cake, and I knew I had to have it as a snack mix flavor. This is where this Holiday Red Velvet Peppermint Muddy Buddies recipe comes into play.
A holiday red velvet peppermint muddy buddies recipe that is worth gifting.
I love this mix so much that I would even gift it to family and friends. It really is that good. Warning though. Once you start eating it, it may be difficult to save some to gift. Keep this in mind when you decide to give it a try. The peppermint flavor is the perfect holiday flavor to accompany the chocolate flavor of the red velvet cake mix.
To gift this muddy buddies mix, you can add it to a cute lined tin or even a Christmas designed tupperware container. You will be thanked tremendously for this gift.
Easy recipe to involve the kids.
Again, I am all for a recipe that involves the kids. A recipe that is easy and also doesn’t require a lot of ingredients or mess. This holiday red velvet peppermint muddy buddy recipe doesn’t require a lot of ingredients or steps. I do like to add a baking element to this one. With the use of the raw cake mix, I felt better heating it up some before coating the Chex mix with it. This is easy and doesn’t take long. Again, this is an added step that I wanted to do but you don’t have to worry about it if the raw flour thing doesn’t bother you.
- 2 cups of Rice Chex Mix
- 2 1/2 cups of Corn Chex Mix
- 8 ounces of white almond bark (8 squares)
- 1 1/2 cups of red velvet cake mix
- 1 cup of crushed candy canes or peppermints
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spread the red velvet cake mix onto a lined cookie sheet and bake for 15 minutes, stirring half way.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool completely before adding to a gallon size ziploc bag.
- Add the chex mix cereals to a large mixing bowl.
- Melt the white almond bark according to package, ~40 seconds then stir, and an additional ~40 seconds then stir.
- Add the melted white chocolate to the cereal and gently stir.
- Add 1/2 of the crushed candy canes and gently stir some more.
- Pour the chocolate covered cereal to the ziploc bag with the red velvet cake mix.
- Close ziploc bag and shake up, making sure to coat all of the cereal.
- Pour out the coated mix onto a parchment paper lined cookie sheet to allow it to fully cool/dry.
- Top with the left over crushed candy canes!
- Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Celebrating the holidays with chocolate and peppermint.
I am always a fan for chex mix snacks, like this ranch style one I made the other day. They are always so good! This holiday red velvet peppermint muddy buddies recipe is the perfect dessert addition to your holiday.
Wishing you all a happy holidays!