The Louisiana Sensation Salad is more than a salad.
I am always down for a flavorful salad. It doesn’t even have to have a protein in the ingredient’s list. For this Louisiana Sensation Salad, the dressing is the star of the show. Sensation salad dressing was first created in Louisiana (well created in the extent that it was truly showcased and given a name) in a Baton Rouge restaurant called Bob and Jake’s. The salad dressing is a basic vinaigrette, but becomes so much more when added to a salad.
A tangy dressing.
With the addition of fresh lemon juice from 4 lemons, the tangy Louisiana Sensation Salad Dressing pairs so well with all the salad components. Some sensation salad dressing recipes have you add the cheese to the dressing. I don’t add it to my dressing since I like to make it in bulk, meaning I will use it for 2-3 salads. Now if you are making it for a one time use, you could always add the shredded parmesan cheese to the salad dressing instead of waiting to add it with the rest of the salad components.
Another thing to note is that this recipe does call for fresh lemon juice. This is very important! There is nothing to compare to the tangy flavor that the fresh lemons bring when compared to bottled lemon juice. So do not skimp on the lemon juice.
Lettuce, tomatoes, and cucumbers oh my!
I love a good hearty salad. One that has vegetables, cheese and croutons. Then there is the salad dressing. I kept this salad pretty simple, but feel free to add more mix-ins! This salad would even be great with a protein added. What would you add to your salad?
- 4 lemons, halved
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup of shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 bags of butter lettuce
- 1 handful of cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups of croutons
- sliced cucumber
- Juice the lemon halves; should give way to 1/2 cup of fresh lemon juice
- Add the lemon juice to a mason jar
- Then add the olive oil and vegetable oil
- Add the minced garlic, white wine vinegar, and salt/pepper
- Place the lid back on tightly and shake to mix up
- In a large salad bowl, add the 2 bags of butter lettuce
- Add the shredded parmesan cheese, croutons, and tomatoes.
- Place the cucumbers to the side in case some do not want them.
- Pour the salad dressing on top; you may not need to use all of it. I would pour half into the bowl, mix up and see if you need to add more.
- Toss the salad and enjoy!
- *Store left over salad dressing in the fridge for 3-4 days*