All for this ‘eggscellent’ 4 ingredient bacon deviled eggs recipe.
This time of year always gets me excited about food. Okay, I normally love food all the days of the year. There is just something special about holiday food. You know what I mean? Deviled eggs have been a holiday staple for as long as I can remember. My eyes would light up every Thanksgiving and Christmas when my mom placed a plate of deviled eggs out on the table.
Nothing has changed since then. I am a sucker for good deviled eggs. I also like to put my own spin on classic recipes. I present to you all, 4 ingredient bacon deviled eggs!
4 ingredient bacon deviled eggs for the holiday win.
The one thing that I am not a huge fan of when it comes to deviled eggs is the peeling of boiled eggs. Ughhh! I have tried some of those tried and true hacks, and I still struggle with peeling boiled eggs with ease. Maybe I am just rushing through things all the time? I normally don’t mind peeling boiled eggs, but it is a tad bit different when it comes to deviled eggs. You want these things to look pretty when plated.
Sometimes peeling off the egg shell will take pieces of the egg with it, leaving a little dent in the outside of your egg. Not the prettiest thing ever. I will note that if this happens to you, the flavor will more than overcompensate for the flavor that these 4 ingredient bacon deviled eggs bring! They are so good!
There may be more than 4 ingredients listed in the actual recipe, but there are only 4 ‘main’ ingredients: eggs, mayonnaise, mustard, and bacon.
Bacon and eggs not just for breakfast.
We love bacon and eggs all times of the day around here. It was no wonder that I was going to add bacon to these deviled eggs. Not only is cooked bacon crumbles sprinkled on top of these 4 ingredient bacon deviled eggs, but it is also mixed inside the deviled eggs filling aka egg yolk deliciousness.
Let me add this, you can even add shredded cheese to the egg yolk mixture. Y’all! It is so good with this small addition. I like using a white cheese for this because it is more mild and it blends in well with the egg yolk mixture.
- 1 dozen eggs
- 1/2 cup of mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon of mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of onion powder
- Salt and pepper
- 5-6 pieces of cooked bacon, chopped
- Paprika for dusting
- Optional: add finely shredded cheese to the egg yolk filling!
- Boil 1 dozen eggs, allow to cool before peeling.
- Slice in half and remove the yolk, place into a medium sized bowl
- Add the mayonnaise and mustard.
- Mash, mash and mash until creamy
- Add all the seasonings and mix well
- Add in about 2-3 pieces of cooked bacon, chopped
- Add it all back to the boiled egg slices! One hack is to put all of the egg yolk mixture into a gallon ziploc bag. Cut off on end and use it as a pastry bag to squeeze the filling back into the center of each egg slice.
- Top with chopped bacon! Sprinkle on a little paprika on top of each deviled egg.
Ready to celebrate with family and deviled eggs.
With the hustle and bustle of the holidays, it can seem hard to find joy in among all the chaos. Make sure to take the time to slow down this holiday. When doing so, do it with family and deviled egg!