Spaghetti…it is a family favorite and my go-to when I am down a meal idea for the week. It is always my #momwin meal with my kids! This semi-homemade spaghetti sauce recipe is great for making a head as well. You can prep ahead and reheat right before dinner. This recipe can even be stored in the freezer for up to 4 months! I am all about some meal prepping during the busy school year. I mean, who has time to stand around the stove all the time? Not this momma 😉
Can’t Go Wrong with a Good Spaghetti Sauce Recipe
You can never go wrong with having a good spaghetti sauce recipe at your fingertips. Cook it up, boil some noodles, and throw some bread sticks in the oven. You can even toss a small salad together to enjoy right along side that spaghetti dish!
This sauce is semi-homemade, in that you are not pouring from a jar of Ragu or Prego. It takes canned tomato sauce, tomato paste, and whole peeled tomatoes and blends them together to give you a savory sauce. You will need some sort of blender, which I prefer my immersion blender. It will grind the whole tomatoes as well as blend all the other ingredients together to give you that tasty and perfect spaghetti sauce. Allow it to simmer for at least 30 minutes to an hour to allow for the whole tomatoes and other ingredients to merge together to give you that perfect sauce. If you are a meatball lover, you can follow the homemade meatball recipe I have included! My kids are not a fan of meat sauce, so I make meatballs for my husband and I. The meatballs can also be stored in the freezer for about 2 months. Brown them and throw them in the freezer before cooking all the way through. Pull out and finish cooking in the oven at 375 for 30 minutes.
You don’t want to skip over this easy and delicious spaghetti sauce recipe! A must have for those recipe boxes 🙂
Semi-homemade Spaghetti Sauce
- 2 15 oz cans Tomato Sauce
- 3 28 oz cans Whole Peeled Tomatoes
- 1 6 oz can Tomato Paste
- 2 tablespoons Italian Seasoning
- 2 teaspoons Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 2 whole Bay Leaves
- 2 teaspoons Salt
- Open the tomato paste, tomato sauce, and peeled-whole tomato cans; pour these ingredients into a large stock pot.
- With an immersion blender, grind/blend all the ingredients in the pot until smooth and well blended
- Add all the powdered seasonings, and mix well
- Lastly, add the 2 bay leaves. Stir carefully to not break up the leaves. Cover and allow to simmer for at least 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Pour this sauce over cooked noodles and enjoy! Love meatballs in your spaghetti? Check out this meatball reicpe below!