As a mother of 3, cereal is one of those things we will always have a stock of in our pantry. I am not going to lie here. I am a lover of cereal as well. It can be healthy, sugary, very kiddie with all the marshmallows. I LOVE CEREAL. There I said it. No more hiding the truth or blaming all those boxes on my kids. If you are like me, then you will love these peanut butter and chocolate cereal bites.
For the love of cereal.
One thing that I love about cereal is that it will never grow old. There is always a new one popping out on the shelf. We picked up a box just the other day that was unicorn themed. Say what?! As I said above, it can also be healthy. I love to mix the healthy versions in my yogurt. Enough about me. My kids could eat it all day if I would let them. Put a handful in a bowl, in yogurt or even milk. They are happy.
It wasn’t hard to use cereal for this recipe. Everyone has eaten or at least heard of a rice krispie treat. As I stared at a box of chocolate peanut butter cereal the other day (not sure why I was staring at it, maybe mom brain?), I thought about how great it would be to make a rice krispie treat version with it.
So, here is a recipe of just that. I did want to mix it up a tad and added a scoop of peanut butter with the other two main ingredients. I believe it was the perfect addition. My kids loved them. As soon as my oldest walked in the house, her attention was quickly brought to the plate of these delicious bites.
What are these tasty looking things?!
When I informed her of what they were, they quickly disappeared. Guessing it is time to make another batch 😉
Peanut Butter & Chocolate Cereal Bites
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 2 cups peanut butter & chocolate cereal We used Reeses Cereal
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter, creamy
- Measure out the mini marshmallows into a microwave safe bowl. Heat in microwave for about 30 seconds, or until marshmallows have melted. You could also do this step on the stove top.
- Add the peanut butter cereal, peanut butter, and melted marshmallows into a large mixing bowl.
- Hand stir all the ingredients until they are well combined.
- Roll the cereal mixture into ball shapes, about golf ball size. You can always alter the size here...making them smaller or larger!
- Allow to sit for about 5 minutes to set. Then enjoy!